Schoolhouse Yoga Teacher Training
Schoolhouse Yoga is excited to offer this comprehensive teacher training and yoga intensive led by the top yoga instructors in the city of Pittsburgh. The program will run February through October and will cover content in the following areas: the history of Yoga, Yogic philosophy, Yoga Sutras, anatomy and physiology, adjustments and teaching techniques, meditation, Ayurveda, Ashtanga Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, and more! Schoolhouse Yoga's curriculum has been certified by Yoga Alliance and has been given a five-star rating by past participants.
- Attend teacher training sessions (or make arrangements to make-up missed hours)
- Complete homework assignments
- Complete 10 hours of volunteer teaching
- Attend 4 workshops
- Attend at least one yoga class per week (classes at SHY are only $5/class for teacher trainees!)
- Maintain a personal journal
- Read books on required reading list
- Complete take-home final exam
Required Reading List
- Susi Hately's Anatomy and Asana: Preventing Yoga Injuries
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- Light on the Yoga Sutras by BKS Iyengar
- Donna Farhi: The Breathing Book
- Blandine Calais-Germain: Anatomy of Movement (newest edition)
- Anatomy Trains by Tom Myers
Interested in joining next year's program? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & conditions
The non-refundable program fee is $2,900. A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to hold your spot in the 2021 Teacher Training Program.